question

marboo_4056 avatar image
0 Likes"
marboo_4056 asked

Sandbox Rant

Hi ebay. Please, please, please when will you give us a sandbox that works? I've been coding against your trading api for the best part of 8 years and, in that time, the sandbox site has consistently been by far the biggest bottleneck in our development work. Even after all this time, both the .com and . co.uk sites are still just a sea of broken links, infinite redirection loops and, when on the rare occasion something does actually work, the page load times are just horrendous. There's literally no point in raising a support request for anything as it's not one thing that's broken at any one time. It's just the site as a whole is so bad. This morning's issue is I can't reach the checkout page when trying to pay for something I've just bought from my sandbox seller site. I get a dns error if I try to pay in-line during the order process with the [pay now] button and our old friend the generic "Your request could not be processed at this time" if I try to go to pay now via the 'My ebay' section. Sure I could raise a ticket and in a weeks time after the chance to sell our shiny solution to an exiting new potential client has long since passed as we are unable to give a demo, it may get a resolution. But it will just be something else next time, and the time after that and the time after that. It seems every ten minutes there's an exiting new api release from you guys for us to try or a change to an existing one for the better but, for the love of all things holy, why can't you give us the tooling to test all these lovely new shiny things effectively. It's just beyond me. If the sandbox is to remain this bad with no roadmap to making it better, can we at least test against the production url's in a 'sandboxy' type developer mode? Ironically, this is the second time I've written this rant this morning as, for some unfathomable reason, I need a different login for the developer forums than I use for everything else. Again, why?? Rant ends
sandbox
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

logpack_enterprises avatar image
0 Likes"
logpack_enterprises answered
It really is horrible. I've tried to create listings and my image uploads fail 95% of the time over the past three days. The fact that so much about the sandbox site doesn't function at all is unbelievable. Nothing will be done though.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

gpearceone avatar image
0 Likes"
gpearceone answered
Try this for a laugh: https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/guides/ebayfeatures/Development/PayPal-Sandbox.html The linking does not work, am I to expect even more pain when I get beyond even this 1st stage? :)

daperk42 avatar image
0 Likes"
daperk42 answered
My comment was trapped for mod review - they just don't care.

marboo_4056 avatar image
0 Likes"
marboo_4056 answered
I had to raise a ticket on the support portal to link a bunch of paypal sandbox accounts to my sandbox stores as the link to do this via the account page is broken. The link has literally been broken for months and for years intermittently with no sign of this being resolved. Support could give me no timeline for a fix on this either. I must add that, to their credit, they didn't charge me for the support hours as it was their issue and the accounts are now linked. Happy that my accounts are now linked, the next step is to subscribe to a basic seller store and, what do you know, this link is now also broken! I despair honestly

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.