question

geoappl-69 avatar image
0 Likes"
geoappl-69 asked ·

Fulfillment api - unable to use the test tool..

Hi All, Im using the test tool for the api to see if i can get it to work in there before i move out to using postman and then finally my app. I am using the getOrder api and filled in the screen as attached.![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/1862-fulfillment-api.png I've taken my Oauth token from the production box and am using the below url with a GET http on : https://developer.ebay.com/my/api_test_tool?index=0≈i=fulfillment&call=order-orderid__GET&variation=json&env=production Yet the tool returns the following error, please can you advise? { "errors": [ { "errorId": 1100, "domain": "ACCESS", "category": "REQUEST", "message": "Access denied", "longMessage": "Insufficient permissions to fulfill the request." } ] } Many thanks
errorebayfulfillment api
fulfillment-api.png (178.3 KiB)
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

marlinpu_75 avatar image
0 Likes"
marlinpu_75 answered ·
Generally, all the eBay IDs I have seen seem to be of the format. 170009092860-9849164007!140000000544476 whereas yours seems too short and purely numeric.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hun_4973 avatar image
0 Likes"
hun_4973 answered ·
Wait you are able to make a call against their Sell API using Auth-n'-Auth or are you going against the older Trading API? I only ask because their documentation when I read it if I remember correctly said you could only hit the Sell API with Oauth, but I could've misunderstood, or the documentation could be wrong. If you're going against the Trading API and the older ebay APIs I might not be able to help as we are trying to press forward against the Sell API but the way we retrieve orders is with the following request `Method: GET` `URL: https://api.ebay.com/sell/fulfillment/v1/order` `Headers: Content-Type: 'application/json', Authorization: "Bearer "` `Params: limit=100&offset=0&filter=creationdate:[ .. ],orderfulfillmentstatus{FULFILLED|IN_PROGRESS}` So an example call that we've made is `GET https://api.ebay.com/sell/fulfillment/v1/order?limit=100&offset=0&filter=creationdate:2018-10-04T06:00:00.00.000Z..]` Somethings to note. 1. Even if you only have a start date you must have the trailing '..' in the creation date filter. 2. If either of the times in the creationdate filter are >= now Ebay will throw an error. In our application we default the end date to right now minus 2 minutes and it works. At one minute it doesn't seem to but at 2 it does. 3. Either I don't understand UTC ISO8601 time correctly, which could totally be possible, or Ebay follows standards as well as IE; because in order to correctly get the date to work we use the following code in our system def self.date_to_utc_ebay(date) new_date = date.to_time.utc.iso8601 unless date.blank? new_date&.sub!(/(Z)/, '.000\1') new_date end as if we use the language built .iso8601 we get errors. I hope some of this helps, or someone finds this useful let me know what your results are.

geoappl-69 avatar image
0 Likes"
geoappl-69 answered ·
Hey Hun_4973 Ive gotten past this and have ended up using Auth N Auth authorisation whereby i am able to call set api's using a few guides online, but the documentation for the specific functions, like getting back completed sales orders seems to be difficult to say the least. Have you ever managed to make a call to get back sales orders that are complete and for a given date range? If so what did your call look like, please?

hun_4973 avatar image
0 Likes"
hun_4973 answered ·
Also looking at your screenshot it looks like you might not have a full order id in the url. Generally all the Ebay IDs I have seen seem to be of the format. `170009092860-9849164007!140000000544476` whereas yours seems too short and purely numeric. This really shouldn't cause a problem and should result in a different error but my experience with deciphering eBay errors has led me to prefer trying to divine answers from yak bones rather than trust the messages returned.

hun_4973 avatar image
0 Likes"
hun_4973 answered ·
Hi, I am not Ebay support but I just finished spending a bunch of time fighting with the getting of orders and thought I might be able to help. The first thing is what scopes are associated with your OAuth token, do you have the correct scopes necessary to perform the operation. They can be found [here]( https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/fulfillment/resources/order/methods/getOrder). Next question is what happens if you put in a bad token or go and modify a couple of the values of your existing token? Do you get the exact same error and response? If so that indicates your token is bad, you might want to review how you got it, check that you got it from Prod not Sandbox etc. Also what happens when you make a request against the getOrders api?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.