question

noturtle avatar image
0 Likes"
noturtle asked

Answers not showing

Why are my answers to other members not showing up? I've replied to 2 questions, it shows as replied and even had my reply in it. When I refreshed my browser, the replies were gone. Seriously eBay? ![Broken forum?][1] For some reason my answers are being moved to moderation. Oh well, classic eBay experience. Tech support is not answering users and when they answer to each other, it's not visible. ![Moved to moderation][2] [1]: /storage/temp/1860-screenshot-2018-09-22-18-50-51.png [2]: /storage/temp/1861-screenshot-2018-09-22-18-56-46.png
forum problemsanswers not showing
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

noturtle avatar image
0 Likes"
noturtle answered
Ok, so I figured it out. When you include links in your answer - as is typical for referring to documentation and the like - your post goes into moderation for no one to see. Since eBay employees only look at this forum every couple of days - or maybe even weeks, who knows? - your posts will not become visible and the user asking the question has to wait. What a joke.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered
Thanks for the heads-up on this. I'll be sure not to include links in my posts going forward. When responding, I'd often take a few minutes to drill down into the docs and provide a helpful backlink in my answers. I never really checked to see if my answer got publicly posted; I just assumed it did, but maybe not.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.