question

sellbery avatar image
0 Likes"
sellbery asked

Will the eBay API for external applications work beyond November 2018?

Good day! I have a few questions about the following article - https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=5102#. We have an external application integrated with your API, which is used for uploading clients' products from their CMS to eBay. Could you please explain how exactly will the API work with the external application considering the new information from the article above? I would be grateful if you could comment on the following: "Open eBay APIs will cease to work shortly after the second final billing (10/1)" How will it affect these points below? · Ensure you are ready to help your subscribers migrate to your externally hosted application and that you have subscription and billing capability · Provide the eBay Developers Program team with any necessary updates to the landing pages for your applications to reflect your externally hosted application Can you help me? Thanks in advance!
api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
noturtle avatar image
0 Likes"
noturtle answered
It will not affect you at all. You app will continue working. The Open eBay API program was only for a few select early adopters and has nothing to do with the external use of their APIs. As I understand it, using this program, you were able to integrate your apps with eBay directly and they would take care of subscription and billing for you, whereas now you have to implement that externally. 99% of API users didn't even use those features because it was shut down shortly after they experimentally implemented it. They just kept it going for a while.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.