question

natshiwc_83 avatar image
0 Likes"
natshiwc_83 asked ·

CreateShippingFulfillment Error

Hi All, Is there something i am doing wrong as i am getting an error from eBay saying: "There was a problem with an eBay internal system or process. Contact eBay developer support for assistance **URL Endpoint:** https://api.ebay.com/sell/fulfillment/v1/order/282763171568-1888814140018!10000225025217/shipping_fulfillment **Postfields**: {"lineItems": [{ "lineItemId": 10011526199901, "quantity": 2 }], "shippingCarrierCode": "DHLGlobalMail", "trackingNumber": "GM295117583012073280"} **Header** { Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded Authorization: Bearer $eBaySettings['accessToken'] } **RESPONSE** Array ( [errors] => Array ( [0] => Array ( [errorId] => 2003 [domain] => ACCESS [category] => APPLICATION [message] => Internal error [longMessage] => There was a problem with an eBay internal system or process. Contact eBay developer support for assistance [parameters] => Array ( [0] => Array ( [name] => code [value] => 415 ) ) ) ) )
apifulfillment apishippinginternal server errorjsonfulfillment orderscreateshppingfulf
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hun_4973 avatar image
1 Like"
hun_4973 answered ·
Hi @natshiwc_83 Just wanted to let everyone know we solved the issue for our application. It appears that although in their [documentation]( https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/fulfillment/resources/order/shipping_fulfillment/methods/createShippingFulfillment) Ebay states clearly HTTP request headers All requests made to eBay REST operations require you to provide the Authorization HTTP header for authentication authorization. This method has no additional required headers. Note the : "This method has no additional required headers." However it appears that the Content-Type header is also [required]( https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/static/rest-request-components.html) (see Header Content Type) and can only be the value `application/json` so your issue would then be because you are sending an incorrect Content-Type and need to instead change the data and Content-Type header to JSON. When we started doing this our requests started working. At this point I would like to ask Ebay to update their documentation to reflect that other headers are in fact required. You can even change the phrasing to refer to only the Authorization and other request method specific headers are required. Furthermore it should also be noted that by returning a 500 Ebay doesn't just fail to act in a RESTful manner but actively spreads false information as a 500 indicates that there is an internal server error and the issue occurs due to a problem internally in Ebay; however because this error occurs due to not having all the necessary headers, or correct values to these headers, Ebay should respond with a 4xx Error Code as it is a bad client request that is causing the error. I hope someone finds this helpful.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

marlinpu_75 avatar image
0 Likes"
marlinpu_75 answered ·
At this point I would like to ask Ebay to update their documentation to reflect that other headers are in fact required. You can even change the phrasing to refer to only the Authorization and other request method specific headers are required.

hun_4973 avatar image
0 Likes"
hun_4973 answered ·
Just wanted to add I have the exact same issue, unfortunately my post about has been sitting in "moderation" for almost a week now. But that being said, I would like to add that I get the same issue no matter what body I send, blank body, only the required fields, etc. I also know the access token works because I can get orders with the same access token. Any help would be much appreciated by me as well.

natshiwc_83 avatar image
0 Likes"
natshiwc_83 answered ·
@ devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com, @catherine_developersupport, @shulmani_developer.support, @ zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.