question

ezydvd_au avatar image
1 Like"
ezydvd_au asked ·

createOrReplaceInventoryItem : The description value is invalid. A description is required.

Hi, I've been having this issue on both sandbox and production for a long while and there's no where I could find any solutions to solve it. I now have 5 products so far encountering this issue. They both have simple text descriptions for example: > "Revenge of the Creature (a.k.a. Return of the Creature and Return of the Creature from the Black Lagoon) is the first sequel to Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Having previously survived being riddled with bullets, the Gill-man is captured and sent to the Ocean Harbor Oceanarium in Florida, where he is studied by animal psychologist Professor Clete Ferguson (John Agar) and ichthyology student Helen Dobson (Lori Nelson).

This was Clint Eastwood's film debut." The issue consists no matter I remove the single quotes, remove the brackets, remove the dots, remove the HTML tags, or event remove the whole description field. The documentation doesn't provide anything more than **The description value is invalid. A description is required**. Anyone with the similar issues can help please? Thanks in advance. **rlogid**: t6pitnmsgwj70%3D9vjdpitnmsgwj70*2%3C%3F1%3A%3D3%29pqtfwpu%29pie%29fgg%7E-fij-165e9e6fb78-0x5eed
bugcreateorreplaceinventoryiteminvalid description
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

alphabetaunlimited avatar image
0 Likes"
alphabetaunlimited answered ·
ebay support claims this is fixed in sandbox and production. I have not seen the error since the update.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

poolsupplyworld avatar image
0 Likes"
poolsupplyworld answered ·
This has now presented itself in the sandbox. The error I discovered is if the description is the same from the last edit, it throws this error. If I alter the description slightly by one character it accepts the API request. But it has to be the description that is altered, anything else will still throw this error if the descriptions remain the same from the last edit. The workaround is I created a function that generates a random 5 digit hash in parenthesis at the end of the description.

alphabetaunlimited avatar image
0 Likes"
alphabetaunlimited answered ·
Having this all the time in production, and now happening more each day. Removing the inventory and re-adding the inventory item seems to fix it for me, but creates a new offerID. Getting very hard to manage.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.