question

hanisgoe0 avatar image
0 Likes"
hanisgoe0 asked ·

If I use the API in sandbox, will it search for items in Ebays whole database.

Hello, I am wondering whether there is a seperate databse for sandbox APIs. Could anyone tell me if sandbox and production retrieve items from the same database or different database?. Regards Hanish
browse api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sylvairou-7 avatar image
0 Likes"
sylvairou-7 answered ·
Indeed. I managed to get some items by trying out different keywords. Thanks

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
The data set in the Sandbox is probably much much smaller than in Production.

sylvairou-7 avatar image
0 Likes"
sylvairou-7 answered ·
I do not get any results if I do an /item_summary/search on the Sandbox, while it works on the production. Any idea why ?

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Yes, different databases. At some point in the past they probably cloned eBay's master live database, then trimmed it down to make it the Sandbox. (That's my guess.)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.