question

hanisgoe0 avatar image
0 Likes"
hanisgoe0 asked

If I use the API in sandbox, will it search for items in Ebays whole database.

Hello, I am wondering whether there is a seperate databse for sandbox APIs. Could anyone tell me if sandbox and production retrieve items from the same database or different database?. Regards Hanish
browse api
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Yes, different databases. At some point in the past they probably cloned eBay's master live database, then trimmed it down to make it the Sandbox. (That's my guess.)
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sylvairou-7 avatar image
0 Likes"
sylvairou-7 answered
I do not get any results if I do an /item_summary/search on the Sandbox, while it works on the production. Any idea why ?
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
The data set in the Sandbox is probably much much smaller than in Production.
10 |600

sylvairou-7 avatar image
0 Likes"
sylvairou-7 answered
Indeed. I managed to get some items by trying out different keywords. Thanks
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.