question

scottkoz20 avatar image
0 Likes"
scottkoz20 asked ·

Search functionality is returning "Items"

at some point over the last couple weeks, the eBay search functionality that I use on my site ( sportscardforum.com) has started to return "Items" in the search, regardless of the criteria placed in for the search. This is the url that is returned on the search. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=items&LH_CAds=&_ex_kw=&_fpos=&_fspt=1&_mPrRngCbx=1&_nkw=&_sacat=&_sadis=&_sop=&_udhi=&_udlo=&_fosrp=1 I made no changes to this functionality in the last couple years. Did I miss a change? Thanks, Scott
searchsearch api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

scottkoz20 avatar image
0 Likes"
scottkoz20 answered ·
thank you both - got this fixed @helios825 - javascript just puts in a transparent overlay that this is a ebay search. I plan to add another searches soon...

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

scottkoz20 avatar image
0 Likes"
scottkoz20 answered ·
Thanks to you both for providing assistance. @clickimusprime - that was the code that was used in when the mod for my site was fist built in 2010... worked until 2 weeks ago I'll have to test this out later tonight

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
What clickimusprime is correctly saying is that your rover/affiliate linking format -- which is baked into your search form -- has got some problems, for some reason. eBay probably just made some tweaks to their rover server back-end. It kinda looks like a really old format, so you just need to update the rover link format and re-embed it into your HTML search form. (Note: I haven't reviewed your website, and I don't understand the role of the Javascript code beneath your HTML search form, but I understand the general role and function of the HTML search form itself, as presented in your OP.) You're using a "type=3" rover link format. Go into the ePN Link Generator and generate a new sample link, then drop the extraneous parameters (see below) and then test the new simplified rover link. Then, update your HTML search form. When I did the above just now -- assuming eBay US, and assuming a slew of probably-unneeded parameters -- here's a good format that I get that you can consider using (be sure to test this all yourself, and of course update the CampID, etc): http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&toolid=10001&campid=5336000000&customid=put+CustomID+here⁣ep_uq=blue+shirt icep_ff3= / ff3= is the new "type=" param (well, as of several yrs ago), and it looks like they're using =9 and "icep_uq=" to specify the user keyword query string. But heck, even this works, a simpler link with the old type=3 parameter. (But who knows if it screws up cookie tracking.) : http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&campid=5336000000⁣ep_uq=blue+shirt Most of the rover link formats over the years have been backwards compatible, but I guess occasionally they tweak things, and perhaps you're being tripped up by something like that. BTW, as this issue doesn't involve the eBay API, and does specifically focus on rover link structure, if you're not getting helpful info from us here, definitely post in the [eBay Partner Network forum][1], if you haven't done so already. [1]: https://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-Partner-Network/gp-p/ebay-partner-network

scottkoz20 avatar image
0 Likes"
scottkoz20 answered ·
if you use that linking structure you posted and execute it, the output for the user is as I posted in the first post. thats the format that is output from search (this is the code script used below)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.