question

mottershead avatar image
0 Likes"
mottershead asked

What suggestions are there for converting a price from one currency to another

I am developing some software for a client that lists their items on different eBay sites e.g. ebay france, ebay germany and ebay uk etc. The software is written in PHP. The client data has prices in euros. I am looking for an API that will convert the source price into the currency of the site where this is not euros. For example, when listing on ebay us I want to convert the price from euros into dollars . Can anyone suggest a solution Thanks for your assistance.
currency
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Many of eBay's APIs do automatic currency conversion. I've seen it in the Finding API and the Shopping API that I use. But that's when calling those APIs to read listings that are already up. The APIs return the currency converted to the currently-called eBay country-site. (The original price is also included in the response.)
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.