question

case-quantity-discount avatar image
0 Likes"
case-quantity-discount asked ·

"... exceeded usage limit..." on SOME calls ONLY

I have a few thousand listings that show a quantity of 1 (one) in the "Available qty" column at Seller Hub/Listings/Active, but when I view each of these listings signed in as a different user on a different machine/browser, > "This item is out of stock" appears at the top. In other words, NONE of my listings are available for purchase! I can't run ` bulkUpdatePriceQuantity` because I'm getting the error, **"...application has exceeded usage limit...":** { "errors": [ { "errorId": 25002, "domain": "API_INVENTORY", "subdomain": "Selling", "category": "REQUEST", "message": "A user error has occurred. Your application has exceeded usage limit on this call, please make call to GetAPIAccessRules to check your call usage." } ] } even though I'm nowhere near the "[2 Million API calls per day][1]" . I'm even getting the same error with `deleteInventoryItem` (I thought I might just delete all the listings and run `createOrReplaceInventoryItem` or `bulkCreateOrReplaceInventoryItem` again). I'm also getting the error with the the api tool, when trying to update a single item with `createOrReplaceInventoryItem` or when I try to delete a single item with `deleteInventoryItem` Weird thing is however, I AM able to successfully call `getInventoryItem` and `getOffer`. [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/support/api-call-limits
inventory apiexceeding limits
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
gripgate avatar image
0 Likes"
gripgate answered ·
ahh ok... I think I have the same problem for some items... with Item "out of stock" listings,
but my publish offers go through without errors. Or at least I think so, I will have to check if I have the same error.
Customer support told me it may be a bug and they are working on it. But I think they just dont want me to call anymore...
Can you check if you see the stock when you open the listing in the ebay UI by clicking edit?
Because I can see my stock there as well as when I [getOffer()][1].
If you go to your seller pro, do you also see these listings as active listing with stock? Even if I change stuff in the UI this article cannot be activated (very seldom it worked)
Customer support was also not able to activate the listing by setting the stock

And my "out of stock" listings have the same responses as the "active" ones (exept price offer/listingid stock etc of course), meaning I dont see any differnce why this might be happening

I also noticed, that after some time these listings will get activated without any of my update scripts touching the. E.g. I check the article at 12 my script ran at 9 the article is out of stock status even so it has a sotck since a few days and then suddenly at 14'oclock the article has stock and is active in end use view.
https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/27554/ebay-bug-some-offers-not-publishable-through-api-o.html?childToView=27584#answer-27584 [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/inventory/resources/offer/methods/getOffer
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.