question

lazyperks avatar image
0 Likes"
lazyperks asked

Is anybody experiencing issues with Finding API since last night?

Yesterday, around 8 pm CST, I begin experience service interruption while communicating with Finding API. Upon reviewing the cause for the interruption, I have discovered, that some calls will return totalPages value as thousands of pages for small requested timeframe where some will return usual 15-30 pages spread. It will trigger a download of the first hundred pages and will not only overwhelm my pipeline but will quickly drive to zero number of the calls, that eBay allows me to make. Is anybody experiencing this issues with Finding API or it just my bad luck? Alex
finding-api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

my-bam avatar image
1 Like"
my-bam answered
My users started reporting issues yesterday night. They were not getting any new items. When I tested it myself, API was throwing below errors: **The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.** When trying to call: http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1 with XML like this: ` oakley 90210 79720 StartTimeNewest SellerInfo LocatedIn US ListingType AuctionWithBIN FixedPrice StoreInventory MinPrice 70 25 ` As of now, the search is working fine for me but some of my users are still getting that error. Robert

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
I'm seeing 500 Internal Server Error related to the use of &outputSelector(0)=PictureURLLarge or PictureURLSuperSize. It's hanging up on some items but working on most, so searches are getting 500 whenever it hits one of these items. &outputSelector(0)=GalleryInfo is working Here's an example that narrows it down to a single item: FAILS: https://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&SECURITY-APPNAME=appid&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&REST-PAYLOAD=true&outputSelector(0)=PictureURLLarge&keywords=110874138704 WORKS: https://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&SECURITY-APPNAME=appid&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&REST-PAYLOAD=true&keywords=110874138704 The failed call above will work fine on most other items.

lazyperks avatar image
1 Like"
lazyperks answered
Thank you @my-bam and @clickimusprime. I'm straggling with FindItemByCategory - for some reason I begin getting responses with a huge number of pages (in thousands) with results on the constraints, where I usually was getting 10-20 pages max. It will trigger download of the first 100 pages on each call over and over. My app has approved limit for 1.5 mill calls but will begin dropping calls around 5k limit, and with this page count issue, it will happen pretty fast. Everything was working for almost 2 years until tomorrow. So, I filed the support request and now sitting in front of a non-functional public app and trying to keep calm and carry on :)

my-bam avatar image
1 Like"
my-bam answered
I did some more digging and this is the actual message coming back from eBay API under Internal Server Error 500: **Service call has exceeded the number of times the operation is allowed to be called** ` 10001 Security Error System Service call has exceeded the number of times the operation is allowed to be called RateLimiter findItemsAdvanced FindingService ` Looks like eBay made changes to API limits last night.

lazyperks avatar image
1 Like"
lazyperks answered
Yes, they did - looks like it is affecting all API keys - default and those that went through "application check process". I think this is a due major update, that they pushed two days ago - https://appdevelopermagazine.com/ebay-developer-apis-get-udpated/ I have spent a half day with eBay support - they were very helpful and I'm up and running. Support has confirmed that my api key has 1.5m calls available, but I'm still getting this error from time to time now. I'm treating it as a transient exception and just keep going. Let me know if you need more details on the subject and I will elaborate.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.