question

poppopmel avatar image
1 Like"
poppopmel asked

Error: Service call has exceeded the number of times the operation is allowed to be called

Many of us ePN publishers are getting this error when it's not true. I cache every call for an hour locally so it's not possible for me to be over. Any ideas?
exceeded
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

We're in the same boat. We passed the compatible application check 3.5 years ago, were told we had 1,500,000 calls per day, and our site is now only lasting the first few hours after midnight. I have the original e-mail that confirmed that our application check had been approved and the production key on which it was approved, which we're still using. I'm going to buy a support hour but really hope we don't have to go through the check again. It should have been automatic.
0 Likes 0 ·
lazyperks avatar image
1 Like"
lazyperks answered
I begin getting the similar error last night (see my question on this board). Upon discovery, I have found out, that in most cases when I will make a usual call to the Finding API and expect to retrieve 15-20 pages for 4-5 minutes spread, I will get back report, that my search has returned 18456 pages. The program will trigger download for the first 100 pages and will drive a number of available calls to zero - then I will start receiving the same error, that you are reporting. I got the report from another developer, who has experienced the same problem since last night.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ohadaha5 avatar image
0 Likes"
ohadaha5 answered
@lazyperks can you elaborate? I'm seeing the same issue suddenly, nothing changed on my side. Is this a bug or some change on eBay side? What do you suggest to do to mitigate it?

ohadaha5 avatar image
0 Likes"
ohadaha5 answered
Checking https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/Reference/ebay/Errors/errormessages.htm the error code I'm getting : {:errorMessage=>{:error=>{:errorId=>"10001", :domain=>"Security", :severity=>"Error", :category=>"System", :message=>"Service call has exceeded the number of times the operation is allowed to be called", :subdomain=>"RateLimiter", :parameter=>["findItemsAdvanced", "FindingService"]}}} Doesn't match, seems like another bug on eBay API.

ohadaha5 avatar image
0 Likes"
ohadaha5 answered
@shulmani_developer.support @vijayta.developersupport @helios825 @clickimusprime @ zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com

floodzone avatar image
1 Like"
floodzone answered
Have been getting same error since last night. How do we report this?

tvonwheelz avatar image
1 Like"
tvonwheelz answered
BUMP. Have been seeing this as well. Sent a message to their facebook developers page but it's Friday afternoon... so not sure when it will be worked.

mrstretchie avatar image
0 Likes"
mrstretchie answered
We're having the same problem on the same timeline. It appears that our call limit has been decreased from the large number we were authorized for before to the default for new users of 5000 calls. My guess is that, like us, all of you having this same problem have relatively long-term accounts (at least a few years old?) Probably our increased call limits were stored in some kind of legacy way and now that's been lost. Really sucks since it's completely killed the eBay part of our sites, costing us significant revenue every day it's broken.

8bitclassicgames avatar image
0 Likes"
8bitclassicgames answered
Where is ebay developer support? Do they even monitor these forums? A massive bug impacts the site, buyers, and software developers and no one is responding?

lazyperks avatar image
0 Likes"
lazyperks answered
@ohadaha5 - I'm speculating here - but speculation is based on more than 10 years of use of eBay API - my impression, that since opening up Finding API, eBay never enforced 5k limit for apps that did not pass "Compatible Application Check" process. On 15th they fixed this issue on the very specific way - by dropping all accounts to the 5k limit - hence is the problem. When I contacted them with wtf question and showed them, that I have passed "Compatible Application Check" in 2016, then looks like they brought my limits back (also a very interesting story to tell and still in progress). So, my guess - if you have "Compatible Application Check" done, then contact eBay and try to ask them to fix it. Not guaranty, but it may work. If you never bothered to pass "Compatible Application Check" - you are here for a nasty surprise. Most of us, who utilize API is doing it in conjunction with the use of EPN - and as of today with a lot of apps that associated with EPN and being down, I can imagine, that EPN will have very interesting monthly profit/loss report as a reflection of this event. This is my 5 cents.

ohadaha5 avatar image
0 Likes"
ohadaha5 answered
@lazyperks I passed the check, I hope I won't need to go and manually ask them to return the limit. BTW I got some questions about the notification API, can I send you a question privately somehow? Thanks.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.