question

jmiller3355 avatar image
0 Likes"
jmiller3355 asked

Error 21917164 and Error 21919303 TradingAPI AddItem

Starting with the Summer Seller Update. I am intermittently getting one of two errors when trying to list in the category 71318: Wall Ovens using the TradingAPI AddItem call. 21917164: 'This product belongs to a different category, so the category has been changed.' OR 21919303 with one or both of the following messages: 'The item specific Brand is missing. Add Brand to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.' 'The item specific MPN is missing. Add MPN to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.' ---------- I understand there was a category update, but the category I am trying to list into (71318: Wall Ovens) was not part of the update, according to the notes: [Home & Garden Category Changes Summer 2018][1] I noticed that the items that were failing were specifically Combination Wall Ovens. The word 'Combination' was appearing in the title. Double Ovens and Single Ovens were listed just fine with no errors or warnings. This may or may not be a coincidence. EDIT: Looks like it was just a coincidence. A successful combination wall oven listing went live, no errors or warnings. ---------- I am checking my calls to make sure nothing silly was happening, but those requests seem to be submitting the correct values. Here are some values from a call that is **producing errors**: 71318 /* ... */ UPC Does Not Apply Brand GE MPN JKP90DPBB /* ... */ GE JKP90DPBB Does Not Apply Here are some values from a similar call on a different listing that resulted in a **successful submit**: 71318 /* ... */ UPC Does Not Apply Brand Frigidaire MPN FGMC2765PF /* ... */ Frigidaire FGMC2765PF Does Not Apply [1]: https://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/growing/categorychanges/homegarden.html
tradingapiseller update summer 2018
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
jmiller3355 avatar image
0 Likes"
jmiller3355 answered
If you came here with a similar issue... Remove the BrandMPN, Brand, MPN opening and closing tags from the code above, but leave the UPC there.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.