question

ezydvd_au avatar image
0 Likes"
ezydvd_au asked ·

BUG: updateOffer returns error of The description value is invalid

I'm quite sure this is a bug on the Ebay sandbox. I sometimes have this error on the same product with exactly the same data content and structure. I suspected my HTML string in the listingDescription but it got through successfully when I was testing. API: updateOffer Description: HTML ErrorId: 25016 ErrorMessage: The description value is invalid. A description is required. RlogId: t6pitnmsgwj%28ciudbq%60anng%7Fu2h%3F%3Cwk%7Dukqlhqbuo*1423767-164e9bdabb0-0x50999
bug reportupdateofferinvalid description
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

alphabetaunlimited avatar image
0 Likes"
alphabetaunlimited answered ·
ebay support claims this is fixed in sandbox and production. I have not seen the error since the update.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ezydvd_au avatar image
0 Likes"
ezydvd_au answered ·
@alphabetaunlimited, Yes I still getting more of this issue not only on **listingDescription** but also on **createOrReplaceInventoryItem**. I found **a temporary solution** here: - On eBay Selling Hub, find the product. - Edit it but change nothing, save it straight away. - Once it's said "Success! You've updated your listing." (normally they will all success), then update using your code through API. It will work again. **Cons of this solution:** - Manual operation is what we want to avoid. That's the most reason of why we use API. - Very time consuming. - It's a not real solution, the issue is still there and it might keep affecting more products. The solved products might come back with the same error again.

alphabetaunlimited avatar image
0 Likes"
alphabetaunlimited answered ·
@ezydvd_au, Are you now seeing this in production? I am getting this more and more each day on multiple listings. Same error, and the listingDescription is still 'valid'. If I remove the inventory item, and then add it again, same exact description works fine and fixes the listing.

ezydvd_au avatar image
0 Likes"
ezydvd_au answered ·
@gripgate, It's an error when doing updateOffer. All error message I got is **The description value is invalid. A description is required.** There is only one field in the offer data is the **listingDescription** which is our HTML template. We have been using the same template on the same products via Ebay's production API and haven't seen this error. Looks like it only happens on the sandbox although it creates some difficulties to judge where the real problems are because with exactly the same data it sometimes got back successfully (not often).

gripgate avatar image
0 Likes"
gripgate answered ·
I often have this too, when I just updated the article already. After an hour or so it works again.
dunno what happens.
You might also want to check if the decsription is meating the requirements.
The inventory api at [link][1]

It gives information to the error code
25016 API_INVENTORY REQUEST The {fieldName} value is invalid. {additionalInfo} [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/inventory/resources/offer/methods/publishOffer

ezydvd_au avatar image
0 Likes"
ezydvd_au answered ·
No luck. Still plenty tests got the same error.

case-quantity-discount avatar image
0 Likes"
case-quantity-discount answered ·
Hi Ezy DVD, How did you end up resolving this issue? --Jack

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.