question

mottershead avatar image
0 Likes"
mottershead asked ·

What is the best language to use for eBay apps

Hi

I've been using PHP and VBA for developing eBay API applications. PHP is best run from a server. I know it can be run from a desktop PC but clients are unwilling and unable to download and install it on their computers. VBA is great for desktop but again clients need a lot of hand-holding when setting up their references in the backend  of excel and of course they need Microsoft excel in the first place. On top of that I don't think you can run PHP and VBA on mobile devices!!! 

I want to develop apps where the client (or buyer of the app) can just download the app, install it and run it on windows, macs, and mobiles.  I'm wondering what the best language is for developing eBay apps. Java seems to be a good choice. What do you other developers use and recommend.

Thanks for your hep.

ebay-apiappsprogramminglanguages
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mottershead avatar image
0 Likes"
mottershead answered ·

A search on the web didn't reveal much. I've decided that PHP is probably the best solution run from a server so I'll stick with that in future.  

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·

I'm not sure exactly what your app is intended to do, but for cross-platform needs, many times making it web-based (and mobile responsive) would offer many advantages over a downloadable strategy.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.