question

kayaqb avatar image
0 Likes"
kayaqb asked ·

A user error has occurred. Please specify a valid return policy.

Every time I try and update an item or stock on my listing using the new sell API, I get this error: **A user error has occurred. Please specify a valid return policy.** This has been going on for about a month now. My actual stock and eBay stock are out of sync because of this. Why has this suddenly started happening? I know that back in June the return policy changed. My return policy for all my listings is inline with eBay's new return policy. I have even tried deleting my old return policy and creating a new one but it didn't fix this problem. eBay have changed something on their end. How do I fix this?
errorbusiness policyreturn policynew sell api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kayaqb avatar image
0 Likes"
kayaqb answered ·
eBay support have already acknowledged the problem is at their end.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

krich_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
krich_developersupport answered ·
@Kayaqb For details on the updates that are coming for return policies, please see the Account API Release Notes, especially the section on Simplified Returns: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/account/static/release-notes.html#v1.3

kayaqb avatar image
0 Likes"
kayaqb answered ·
I had to open a premium support ticket because eBay support hardly ever responds to the forums. It has been agreed that the warnings are due to a new feature release. eBay support are following up with their engineering team in order to determine why warnings are being thrown. I have not had an update yet. When I do, I will update this thread.

krich_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
krich_developersupport answered ·
@kayaqb, it's difficult to say why this is happening without seeing the details of the return policy you are referencing in your item. Does it refer to the correct marketplace and type, is the return period set correctly, and so on. If you are still experiencing issues, please respond with the details of the policy you're referencing. Thanks,

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.