question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended asked

How to get AuthToken when I have IAF Token?

Hello,

My app makes use of IAF token to make Trading calls ..but something has changed and GetClientAlertsAuthTokenRequest stopped accepting it and is asking for AuthToken.

Is it possible to retrieve an AuthToken using IAF token or make GetClientAlertsAuthTokenRequest work with IAF?  Sending something through the authentication process again is not an option.

Thanks

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered

Hi

To make trading api calls, you need an AuthToken. I don't think you can generate AuthToken using IAF token.

Here is the KB article that walks you through the steps to create an Auth Token : https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=2018

Thanks

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered

Are you sure about IAF token not working with trading API?

I can make other calls with it just fine eg:  GetFeedback, SetNotificationPreferences and GetUser  ..among others.

Also, GetClientAlertsAuthToken works fine for my own eBay account.  I received reports that alerts were not working so I created a new eBay account and for this new account the call fails with "Auth token does not exist" when proving IAF token in the headers.

Again, it works fine for my own eBay account, very strange.

vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered

Hi

Can you file a support ticket - /developers/ebay/documentation-tools/support

We will be needing more information and would like to discuss this issue via ticket.

Thanks

0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered

I don't have any support hours, spending $75 ..I'm not sure.

I can't really explain in public how/why I'm using IAF token instead of regular auth token ..might get me in trouble due to confidentially agreement I have with eBay.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.