question

gavco98uk avatar image
0 Likes"
gavco98uk asked ·

Invalid Request When Following Example

I'm trying to make a test API call, using the example shown on the bottom of the API documentation page: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/inventory/resources/inventory_item/methods/createOrReplaceInventoryItem I have copied the body exactly as detailed here, yet I get the response: { "errors": [ { "errorId": 2004, "domain": "ACCESS", "category": "REQUEST", "message": "Invalid request", "longMessage": "The request has errors. For help, see the documentation for this API." } ] } Can anyone advise what this error means> I've created a valid OAuth token, which I've specified in the header of the POST call. (changing this token results in an "Invalid access token" error, so I believe this token is correct).
inventory apicreateorreplaceinventoryitemsellinvalid-requst
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
krich_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
krich_developersupport answered ·
It's very difficult to diagnose without more information. Try testing your OAuth token with a simple GET request to a resource that you know will return information. Be sure to have the proper scopes needed for the request.
· 1 · Share
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Krich, As mentioned in the original post, the OAuth token appears to be fine. Certainly if I modify the token slightly, by changing one character, I get a "Invalid Access Token" error. I therefore assume the OAuth token is correct. I'm not sure what more info to provide, I literally copied the call from the URL provided, copied it into Postman and it fails. Did you manage to get that example to work through Postman? If so, can you provide a screenshot of how you set it up?
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.