question

bvstone1 avatar image
0 Likes"
bvstone1 asked ·

How and Where do we get support for APIs from the developers, not peer to peer

Peer to peer support is great, but when you're having issues like getting errors from APIs, Sandbox not functioning, unable to link accounts or even set up items in the sandbox to test orders with, we need support from eBay! Can someone from ebay once and for all mention HOW we get that support? Is it paid, or not? And where and how do we get that support. You would think if it's for APIs eBay is already getting paid by using the service, not to mention buying and selling fees.. I know trying to put together APIs for my customers and showing them the crazy errors, non-functionality and lack of support is making them think twice about even setting up an eBay store front. Support should be first and foremost something if you want more customers using your product. Thank you.
#apis #support
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bvstone1 avatar image
0 Likes"
bvstone1 answered ·
Thank you for a honest and upfront answer. I'm going to suggest to my customer it's not worth it then unless they want to pay for support for their terrible sandbox (live too) to get things working. :)

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
You pretty much need to file a tech support ticket within your eBay Dev account to get in contact with them about the issues you are referring to. Unless policy has changed, the way it's generally worked all these years is that, yes, you need to pay for your support ticket/time, but it's a confirmed eBay bug, they should refund the payment. Sometimes eBay Dev Support comes here to the forum and answers questions, but it's not a regular/predictable occurrence, so it's hard to rely on for bug reports.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.