question

butterchimp avatar image
0 Likes"
butterchimp asked

Unable to create listing in US, but works in other regions

I'm trying to create various listings, this one is just a single example, they all do the same thing :) This is one of the listings in question: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153068880646 I have successfully created the listing in the GB and DE regions, but when trying to create in in the US with the exact same values etc I get the following response: *The item cannot be listed or modified. The title or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be in violation of eBay policy.* I've tried removing all the html just leaving the bare descripive text in the center and I've tried changing the category ID (which is 360) with no real changes. Is there anything specific about this that you can see that might be banned in the US but not in Europe? i'm sure it can't be the item title since as I said its happening on multiple listings, and I've tried removing all but the bare minimum from the descriptions... Any help wowuld be much appreciated! Thanks Joe
errorselling apilistinglisting-policies
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anyone got any ideas?
0 Likes 0 ·
butterchimp avatar image
0 Likes"
butterchimp answered
Turns out they weren't listing in other regions because I misunderstood the usage of the Country node in the XML. Its the country where the product is located, not where you're trying to list. Its almost as though the eBay error messages don't always exactly relate to what actually went wrong, eh? Anyway, there's no problem here

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

butterchimp avatar image
0 Likes"
butterchimp answered
Anyone got any ideas?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.