question

mobs-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
mobs-0 asked ·

GetCategoryInfo returns empty

I am requesting the GetCategoryInfo like in the samples while including my AppID and setting the **CategoryId** to **-1**. This is returning nothing at all, even the **api_test_tool** waits a little bit and provides no response. I am fairly new to this, and other responses work but this isn't working at all, no error messages or anything. I tried on **Postman** and the **API Test Tools** I searched here for similar issues but couldn't find anything like this.
getcategoryinfoempty responsegetcategoryinfo returning empty
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Don't use the Sandbox for the Shopping API (or Finding, or...). It's all read-only data, so eBay is fine with us using Production. The Sandbox is buggy.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mobs-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
mobs-0 answered ·
@clickimusprime, Still no luck with it, same this is happening. This is my request on the API Explorer URL: open.api.sandbox.ebay.com/shopping Headers: X-EBAY-API-APP-ID:MYAPPID X-EBAY-API-SITE-ID:0 X-EBAY-API-CALL-NAME:GetCategoryInfo X-EBAY-API-VERSION:863 X-EBAY-API-REQUEST-ENCODING:xml Body: -1 Am I missing something here? The API Explorer is not even showing a response, I tried with siteIds:0(USA) and 2 (Canada)

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
Probably an error in the request. Maybe a temporary outage. Works fine here.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.