question

soho-express avatar image
0 Likes"
soho-express asked ·

#21920200 : Return Policy Attribute returnDescription & RefundOption Not Valid On This Site

We are having issues relisting items via the API getting error code #21920200 : Return Policy Attribute returnDescription Not Valid On This Site and #21920200 : Return Policy Attribute RefundOption Not Valid On This Site. We have a simple app that creates the listing file then uses eBay business policies to populate the remaining fields on eBay AU. The return policy is managed by our eBay Business Policies. Recent eBay changes mean that returnDescription and RefundOption fields are no longer used. When we use the API call to get the item from eBay.au it still has the returnDescription and RefundOption fields despite them no longer being valid on the site. When we resend the file to eBay with these fields to relist the item eBay is rejecting it. Our app does not have the ability to edit these fields as they are applied by eBay. We need to have the values in the business policies fields (Return policy details) returnDescription and (Refund will be given as) RefundOption deleted and our listings updated to reflect that change. eBay - please help!
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nextgenfono avatar image
1 Like"
nextgenfono answered ·
I also got the same message, looking for way to fix!!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

steampunkjunkiesx avatar image
1 Like"
steampunkjunkiesx answered ·
How are people getting around this? I'm trying to write a script to update our listings, and it keeps coming up with this damn message :(

worldwidephilatelicsandcollectibles avatar image
1 Like"
worldwidephilatelicsandcollectibles answered ·
Had to pay for a support ticket to finally get a definitive answer. @shulmani_developer.support, you're wrong; there is no fix forthcoming. Please stop posting inaccurate information just to placate us and make us think there is indeed a problem and that you're working on it. Turns out ReturnPolicy.Description was deprecated as of May 11 (version 1061) except for Germany, Spain and Italy. So, for example, @auditech_online, you can no longer require returns be unopened. You have to scroll through the Change History at e.g. https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/additem.html to find this. Note that the idiots in charge of the API Reference documentation have the change history sorted in reverse alphabetical order by version "number" instead of reverse chronological order so 437 (November 2005) is listed above the latest version 1065 (June 2018). Also, they are apparently too lazy to document the deprecated fields "in this color" (red or grey) in the Input section giving us the impression that those fields are still valid and operational.
· 1 · Share

Still don't know how to correct my existing listings which may already have the returnDescription field populated. Something must have changed very recently because I never used to get these warnings, only started happening this month.
0 Likes 0 · ·
kayaqb avatar image
0 Likes"
kayaqb answered ·
@shulmani_developer.support Is this going to be fixed? My actual stock and eBay stock is out of sync. I cannot update stock on my listings unless I go in each one and manually do it. I keep getting this error message **A user error has occurred. Please specify a valid return policy.** Clearly there is something wrong on eBay's end which needs to be fixed. They cannot expect sellers to manually update hundreds of thousands of listings. Sort it out please!

kayaqb avatar image
0 Likes"
kayaqb answered ·
I'm not using the "returnDescription" field. It must have been populated for old listings. eBay do not provide a way removing any text from that field. I went in to manually edit a listing but you can't see the "returnDescription" anymore. So how do people fix these warnings? By ending their listings?

njsmith49423 avatar image
0 Likes"
njsmith49423 answered ·
The way I understand it, this isn't going to get "fixed". As part of the return policy changes with the Summer update, they have depreciated this field, so it will no longer be available.

kayaqb avatar image
0 Likes"
kayaqb answered ·
I am still getting warnings of "Returns policy attribute returnDescription not valid on this site" when updating listings. Has this not been fixed yet?

auditech_online avatar image
0 Likes"
auditech_online answered ·
Never received a notification on this change, our return policy became invalid and invisible on eBay. Now buyers want to return opened items because change of mind and we can not find our return policy to defend.

partsaholic avatar image
0 Likes"
partsaholic answered ·
There’s a thread on the eBay power sellers discussion board that references an exchange from a CSR indicating these options are gone as of a few weeks ago. It would be nice if they documented this stuff beforehand so we don’t have to guess why we start getting error messages

njsmith49423 avatar image
0 Likes"
njsmith49423 answered ·
I'm surprised to hear someone say that returnDescription is coming back. The way I read the return policy changes that rolled out in June (including the free 30 day return requirement for top rated plus,) it sounded like this particular field was going away.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.