question

nolanjaylefler avatar image
0 Likes"
nolanjaylefler asked

SDK isn't recognizing my user or PayPal email address

When I try to run the ptyhon ebaysdk sample script to add and item, the output is telling me that I don't have a seller's account. What does this mean? I have a user (testuser_jaylefler) that is able to do pretty much everything BUT add an item. Code I'm using to attempt to add the item: def verifyAddItem(opts): """http://www.utilities-online.info/xmltojson/#.UXli2it4avc """ try: api = Trading(domain=opts.domain, debug=opts.debug, config_file=opts.yaml, appid=opts.appid, certid=opts.certid, devid=opts.devid, warnings=False) myitem = { "Item": { "Title": "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone", "Description": "This is the first book in the Harry Potter series. In excellent condition!", "PrimaryCategory": {"CategoryID": "279"}, "StartPrice": "1.0", "CategoryMappingAllowed": "true", "Country": "US", "ConditionID": "3000", "Currency": "USD", "DispatchTimeMax": "3", "ListingDuration": "Days_7", "ListingType": "Chinese", "PaymentMethods": "PayPal", "PayPalEmailAddress": " shopping@jaylefler.com", "PictureDetails": {"PictureURL": "http://i1.sandbox.ebayimg.com/03/i/00/30/07/20_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007"}, "PostalCode": "95125", "Quantity": "1", "ReturnPolicy": { "ReturnsAcceptedOption": "ReturnsAccepted", "RefundOption": "MoneyBack", "ReturnsWithinOption": "Days_30", #"Description": "If you are not satisfied, return the book for refund.", "ShippingCostPaidByOption": "Buyer" }, "ShippingDetails": { "ShippingType": "Flat", "ShippingServiceOptions": { "ShippingServicePriority": "1", "ShippingService": "USPSMedia", "ShippingServiceCost": "2.50" } }, "Site": "US" } } api.execute('VerifyAddItem', myitem) dump(api) except ConnectionError as e: print(e) print(e.response.dict()) u"VerifyAddItem: Class: RequestError, Severity: Error, Code: 120, You need to create a seller's account. Before you can list this item we need some additional information to create a seller's account." {'Ack': 'Failure', 'Timestamp': '2018-06-12T15:54:54.003Z', 'Errors': [{'ErrorCode': '21919158', 'LongMessage': "The email address you entered isn't linked to a PayPal account. If you don't have a PayPal account, you'll need to set one up with this address so that buyers can pay you. (You can set up your account after your item sells).", 'ErrorClassification': 'RequestError', 'SeverityCode': 'Warning', 'ShortMessage': 'Invalid PayPal email address.'}, {'ErrorCode': '120', 'LongMessage': "Before you can list this item we need some additional information to create a seller's account.", 'ErrorClassification': 'RequestError', 'SeverityCode': 'Error', 'ShortMessage': "You need to create a seller's account."}], 'Version': '1061', 'Build': 'E1061_UNI_API5_18724070_R1'} My PayPal address also isn't being recognized ( shopping@jaylefler.com) even tho I can log in to PayPal sandbox site directly with it. When I click the "link to PayPal" button on eBay, it automatically directs me to the "new account set up" page -- which isn't what I want at all.
paypal-linking-issuepythonsdk-api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.