question

ashleigsim_3 avatar image
0 Likes"
ashleigsim_3 asked ·

Storing api data

This is a quick question based off the terms of use for the API I'm using the findCompletedItems API. I want to hit that API and save down the following information. Item Number, Sold Price, Global ID, Date Sold and possible the image URL and link to item (I understand this will not work after 90 days) Is there any issues in storing this sort of information?
findcompleteditemsterms-and-conditionusage terms
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
You may run into compliance issues, although it probably depends on your use case. For example, what do you intend to do with the stored data? Compile aggregate information? Publish it online? Is your biz model encouraging eBay buying or selling behavior? Unfortunately, I don't have any clear cut answers for you; sorry. I'm just making the general point that use case is important here. You may want to reach out to the eBay Dev team and try to get some clarity from them.
· 1 · Share
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for your response. I’ll reach out see what they come up with. The data is shown primarily as a tool to get the average sale price off eBay which will help people price items to put on eBay. It will only take the last 90 days as per the life of an item on eBay. This in turn should encourage sales on eBay.
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.