question

remote-control avatar image
0 Likes"
remote-control asked

How can I programmatically download active listings file ?

What is the appropriate File Exchange Template ?

The File Exchange Advanced Instructions manual states that files may be programmatically downloaded.

It states that you must download and complete the appropriate ebay File Exchange template, then initiate an HTTPS connection, etc.

What is the appropriate File Exchange Template ?

That is my first question that I'd like answered separately from anything else.    What is the appropriate File Exchange Template ?

===========================================

I want to programmatically download the file that would be obtained by going to the File Exchange page and selecting "Active" in the "Listings and records" box, with "Download format" set to "Standard", and "Date Range" set to  "ALL active listings".    What is the process for doing that ?

I am familiar with using the XML GetOrders call of the Trading API and would seek a similar process.

file-exchange
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered

Hi,

Unfortunately the documentation is a bit misleading. It is not possible to programmatically download reports for File Exchange, only to programmatically upload files and download the responses.

So not sure we need to go any further because if I understand correctly, you just care about getting the reports programmatically.  But if you are also interesting in programmatically uploading, here is an article that might help,

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/File-Exchange/Programmatic-Uploads-And/...

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sportsflagshop avatar image
0 Likes"
sportsflagshop answered

Josh:

I've read your post and I want to confirm that the following is not possible before we keep working on it.

We are trying to get our Hourly Scheduled Downloads in File Exchange ("Paid and Awaiting Shipment") to be delivered to an FTP Server or other Request instead of email notification.

Is this not possible? If not, is there any other methods to get these reports instead of email? Let us know.  Thanks.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered

Hi,

It is not possible to programmatically download reports (in any environment), only to programmatically upload files and download the responses.

The only way I know of to programmatically get data is to use our API's.  So if you were looking for orders that are paid but not yet shipped, you could use our GetOrders API, http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/GetOrders.html.

Answer Title: Order management using Trading API - GetOrders
Answer Link: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1788

Not sure if you want to go that route though.

parceltube-online avatar image
0 Likes"
parceltube-online answered
is that true the file exchange will be retired? can any one answer my question, I try to put a question but the forum won't allow me, sorry to put it here

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
FileExhcnage is not being retired that I have heard.

hottestdealever avatar image
0 Likes"
hottestdealever answered
so, how can I get all information about my listings via api if there are over 8000 entries and your limits are 5000 per day?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.