question

mcdive avatar image
0 Likes"
mcdive asked ·

Error in Finding Api Services regarding Api Call Limits?

Let me start with this: I'm not willing to pay 75 Euro per hour for support for an error that is clearly caused by Ebay and has already cost me a lot of money. Therefore my question here in the public forum. I have a problem with my account. From 2018/04/26 until 2018/05/08 I received a daily message at around 2 pm German that I exceeded the limit of the Finding Api Service (findItemsAdvanced). But since I already passed the "eBay's Compatible Application Check" in 2010 and am allowed to submit 1.500.000 requests daily, this cannot be the case. On 2018/05/08 everything was back to normal and I thought that this was a bug on eBay and that it had been fixed. This error meant that I was only able to generate a fraction of my usual eBay revenue in the period mentioned above. I assumed, however, that there would be compensation from Ebay for this. But nothing happened. Now I have the same problem again since 2018/05/24: from 5000 daily calls of the Finding Api Services no more data is returned. This is very, very annoying. Now my question: Are there people who have similar problems, or is this an isolated case for me? If other people have the same problem: Has eBay contacted you? Thank you for your feedback in advance. Sorry for my bad English...
finditemsadvancedapi-limit
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem. I'm not having this problem myself, however. Probably the best thing for you to do is pay for eBay Dev technical support to resolve your issue quickly. I think their policy is to refund the payment if the problem is confirmed to be an eBay bug. Are you using any other Finding API calls? You mentioned 'findItemsAdvanced', but are there other calls you are using?
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.