question

ozfy avatar image
0 Likes"
ozfy asked

Item not found in catalog

Hi Ebay Support, I'm trying to to make a call on Catalog API / ProductSummary function with passing GTIN (EAN) to find a matching product (ePID) for my items listed under "Internet & Media Streamers" category but the result from API call is coming back as blank with "204 No Content" response code. My questions are: 1. How to make my exisitng items listed under this categor (Internet & Media Streamers) compliant if eBay product catalog have no ePID for my products ? 2. If ebay cannot provide me a catalog product for my listing, then why these items are showing up as "Non Compliant" in my portfolio ? I got a email from ebay abou this as well but not finding a product in ebay catalog ain't helping the cause to comply with ebay's new policies. Looking forward for your reply @ebaySupport
catalog api
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

curtis_developersprogram avatar image
0 Likes"
curtis_developersprogram answered
Hi ozfy, I called GetCategorySpecifics and see that only four brands, Amazon, Apple, Google, and Roku, require product identifiers in the Internet & Media Streamers category (category ID 168058). I used the search method of the Catalog API to find products by category (Internet & Media Streamers) and found 156 products (16 Amazon, 13 Apple, 10 Google, 59 Roku). Can you share a few items that eBay has identified as non-compliant (I assume the product information is in the listing)? Thanks. Curtis, eBay Developers Program
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ozfy avatar image
0 Likes"
ozfy answered
Hello Curtis, Thanks for getting back on my issue. There are 15 items in my shop tagged as "Non-Compliant". Yes the product infromation is in the listings. Below are some Item Id's: 273139277520 273139978715 273140150996 273205347695 These Item's are certianly not the brands mentioned by you but i believe my question remains same i.e. 1. How to make my items listed under this category (Internet & Media Streamers) compliant if eBay product catalog have no ePID for my products ? Looking forward for your reply. Thanks @curtis_developersprogram
10 |600

curtis_developersprogram avatar image
1 Like"
curtis_developersprogram answered
Hi ozfy, I checked with the eBay Engineering team to understand why your listings were getting flagged as non-compliant. It seems that the presence of "Google" in the title and no specified brand may have triggered the violation. Regardless, I see that you have already updated your listing to specify brand (and more) and the compliance notifications have been removed. I'm glad you were able to resolve this so quickly. You have followed our basic guideline to *add product identifiers whenever you can, even if they're not yet required*, which resolved your problem. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Regards, Curtis, eBay Developers Program
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.