question

erictviking avatar image
0 Likes"
erictviking asked ·

Is this forum dead?

I'd just like to know whether eBay considers this forum to be so unimportant that they can't spare a single employee to come here and help people that are working hard to make eBay even more money? You give us a ropey, flakey old sandbox that we have to spend ages debugging... And then follow that up with practically zero tech support in your own forum.
sandbox-problemforum
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

voolfan avatar image
2 Likes"
voolfan answered ·
It's a joke isnt it? But I suppose if they made an API and Sandbox environment that worked, they wouldn't have anyone buying 'premium support' for $75 per hour.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

erictviking avatar image
1 Like"
erictviking answered ·
Their UK sandbox had a fault which made it unusable for 5 weeks. Eventually I managed to get their attention on the eBay Developers Facebook page by giving them 1 star feedback and messaging them. So if you have a problem I'd suggest hitting them up on facebook. The only other way for me to report a bug in their API would have been to pay them $75 which I'm not going to do if the bug is theirs. eBay seriously needs a way of reporting API issues to them at the very least.

sukhpasing16 avatar image
0 Likes"
sukhpasing16 answered ·

I managed to get my head around getting the API to work in PHP but when I uploaded it to my site it stopped working. I started getting this message for no reason (even though I am using production credentials):

Warning:  
simplexml_load_file(http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsByKeywords&SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=...

Here is the site: Used car parts in Australia.

disruptek avatar image
0 Likes"
disruptek answered ·
Maybe we're just not as important to eBay's success as we think we are.

frugalgamernet avatar image
0 Likes"
frugalgamernet answered ·
hell.. i can tough it through the deserted development platform and disorganised documentation, thats not the problem for me the real issue is when their system simply doesn't work, for eg registering for notifications on live and even though the api confirms the settings are correctly registered their servers still haven't bothered to hit my soap link once posted a thread under the correct subforum and a week later crickets... looking at the other threads you do see responses... but they are usually 5-6 months after the thread was created!! it really is quite astounding, looks like im going to have to parse my receipt emails from paypal LOL

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.