question

cooltronix avatar image
0 Likes"
cooltronix asked

SoldItemsOnly - find from active listings? (found the answer)

I wrote a little page to help searching sold items by using `findCompletedItems` with the `SoldItemsOnly` tag. It works fine, but shows only sold items of closed listings. Is there a way to display `SoldItemsOnly` from active listings? A workaround might be `SoldItemsOnly` in active listings, however, that doesn't work with the `findItemsByKeywords` tag. I found the answer: When doing `findCompletedItems` for `SoldItemsOnly` and you want to see sold items in active listings you need to set `'name' => 'SoldItemsOnly', 'value' => 'false'`
solditemsonly
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fi_384 avatar image
0 Likes"
fi_384 answered
@cooltronix, not sure I understand your "answer" You're saying that to see how many items sold on a listing that is still active, you need to A. call findCompletedItems B. and specify name = SoldItemsOnly, value = false This is counter-intuitive. Why use findCompletedItems for items that aren't completed yet? I would have expected that you have to use one of the other find* APIs, e.g. findItemsByKeywords?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

cooltronix avatar image
0 Likes"
cooltronix answered
>You're saying that to see how many items sold on a listing that is still active, you need to... Yes. >This is counter-intuitive. Why use `findCompletedItems` for items that aren't completed yet? Yes and no. The item isn't complete, but a sale was completed. >I would have expected that you have to use one of the other find* APIs, e.g. `findItemsByKeywords`? I couldn't get a similar output with that call. If you think that's because my limited knowledge about eBay API calls, well, that is probably the answer ;-) Can only add, it works the way I wanted.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
It sounds like you are saying that when you specify in the fCI call the parameter/filter SoldItemsOnly=false, you: 1) get both sold and unsold items returned; and: 2) you ignore the unsold items and instead review/process the sold items only; and: 3) some of those sold items are for listings that are still active/live but have a completed sale Is the above true? Am I understanding correctly? Also, note on the [docs page][1] that for filter = 'SoldItemsOnly' that "This filter can be used only with the findCompletedItems call." [1]: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/finding/CallRef/types/ItemFilterType.html

cooltronix avatar image
0 Likes"
cooltronix answered
1) No, I get only sold items, but I also get sold items from still active listings. 2) I don't get the meaning.. 3) Yes. And yes, I use `SoldItemsOnly` with `findCompletedItems`

ezbuy-ezlife avatar image
0 Likes"
ezbuy-ezlife answered
Dear @cooltronix Could you please show your code to me? I have tried but the respond seem INCORRECT. Thanks you.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.