question

erictviking avatar image
0 Likes"
erictviking asked ·

Problem retrieving categories from the eBay Sandbox API servers...

Seems the Sandbox is being intermittent today. Currently we're experiencing the following error: eBay.Service.Core.Sdk.ApiException: 'The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.' We get this when calling apiCall.GetCategories(). The call seems to work a number of times for certain categories and then we get the above error. The same code works fine on the production site (UK). The problem seemed to resolve itself a few hours ago but now we're unable to use the sandbox again. The code that's failing has been running fine for many weeks, and it also works fine on the production eBay API so it seems there is a problem with the sandbox servers. Anyone know what the problem is? Thanks
sandboxsandbox-problemsandbox not workingcategories
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

logpack_enterprises avatar image
1 Like"
logpack_enterprises answered ·
It's atrocious. For the longest time I couldn't even do a search on the sandbox and now I actually get results...only they link to ebay's production site. If your code works and only has problems intermittently then it's likely a problem on their end. Good luck getting any kind of response in this forum though.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

erictviking avatar image
0 Likes"
erictviking answered ·

sree_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sree_developersupport answered ·
Hi @erictviking, Thanks for your post. Apologies for the delay. We currently do not have any problems with GetCategories Call. Can you please send us the request file accordingly? Also, please provide your sandbox.ebay.com user ID for us to retry at our end and triage the situation better. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

erictviking avatar image
0 Likes"
erictviking answered ·
4 weeks since I asked this question and the sandbox is still giving me this error. How am I supposed to develop any code if fighting the sandbox creates 99% of my workload!?!?! Can someone from eBay please respond and get this resolved!

erictviking avatar image
0 Likes"
erictviking answered ·
14 days with no response, the sandbox is still very intermittent and I'm having to do tests against the live production eBay servers. This is not good.

erictviking avatar image
0 Likes"
erictviking answered ·
Gotta say the eBay Sandbox is one of the flakiest pieces of junk I have ever had the misfortune to work on. And the support in these forums is non-existent. C'mon eBay, your a multi billion dollar company. Are you telling me you can't afford to pay someone to curate your dev forums and at least respond to people? 6 days without an answer...

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.