question

goldnconnection avatar image
0 Likes"
goldnconnection asked ·

Token without logging into eBay

I'm trying to develop integration into my POS system for a standard user to interact with an item on eBay (remove listing, add listing, edit listing), but would like to accomplish this without giving them the eBay password (not logging in). Is there a way of using the OAuth for User Access Tokens (authorization code grant) without having the user log into eBay each and every day (or session) they want to modify a listing from my POS system? Thank you.
tokenoauth
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clintoncb avatar image
0 Likes"
clintoncb answered ·
I, too, face this same problem. The issue is that the client credentials grant type cannot be used to retrieve access tokens with the scopes needed to access the Sell API. The authorization code grant type is pretty useless for those of us building backend systems. I'm doing consulting work for a client, and this API is quite frustrating. Did anyone actually work through real world use cases? Without the ability to use client credentials, or some other authentication mechanism that does not require user input, the API is worthless.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

goldnconnection avatar image
0 Likes"
goldnconnection answered ·
Thanks for the reply, yes i read through most of the docs, and it's not quite clear (from my perspective). I have other eCommerce API's that allow me to make a call without having to actually login to their system while using a secure key given to me once. But from everything i can see eBay wants me to actually login each and every new session. I'm trying to see if there is a way around that as apparently i'm not fully understanding the way ebay wants me to use and obtain tokens. Thanks!

sree_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sree_developersupport answered ·
Hi @goldnconnection, Please refer to the API Docs for more information on how you can do this programatically. Please concentrate more on refresh_token. https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/static/ebay-rest-landing.html Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.