question

fastaccord avatar image
0 Likes"
fastaccord asked

Private Offer Sales Price with fCI call

With the ability to now send private offers through eBay Messages directly to the seller, will these sales prices ever been reflected in the findCompletedItems call within the API? It appears that all items that sell through this mechanism appear as full asking price sales in the returned data from the API. Has anyone else seen or experienced this before? Thanks.
findcompleteditems
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Are you referring to Best Offers? They've been around for years, and I'm pretty sure that fCI usually reports the proper final selling price in call results. Last I checked that was the case, although I remember some exceptions too. I haven't kept up with any additional types of private offer types that eBay may now allow. Are you referring to another kind of offer type? Can you provide a specific example of fCI returning the incorrect selling price?
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fastaccord avatar image
0 Likes"
fastaccord answered
No, I am talking about the ability to send an offer through eBay's Messaging tool. If you have an item that is for sale via BIN/BO and a user contacts you about it, you have the ability to send them a Private Offer via the Message. http://images.sportscardslist.com/i/bradical/offer-1.png http://images.sportscardslist.com/i/bradical/offer-2.png If the seller accepts the private offer, it still shows as a full asking sale price through the API.
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification on this. So, it sounds like you're saying that "Private Offer" is kind of a new offer type, and it's unfortunately not being fed into fCI completed items data. I really hope they fix that, since the fCI call is supposed to reflect true sales pricing data. So, this Private Offer can happen, whether or not the listing has Best Offer enabled on it? I bet that's the case.
10 |600

I am not sure if the Private Offers are allowed through a traditional auctioned item. I have only seen it appear on items that have a BIN/BO.
0 Likes 0 ·
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
But have you seen Private Offer appear on BIN items that *don't* offer Best Offer (BO) ?
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.