question

InactiveAutoUser avatar image
0 Likes"
InactiveAutoUser asked

findCompletedItems errors

I've noticed a few errors with this routine and wanted to know if it's my code or not.

Biggest one I see is when a item ends that was a BIN with no buyer it gets it sellingstate listed as EndedWithSales when in fact it has not sold and also the buyItNowAvailable is always false the only way I've seen to get a BIN correctly is reading listingType if FixedPrice then its a BIN.

Also there is no way to get PictureURLs to show up seems it ignores outputSelector totally

findcompleteditems
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered

Another forum member here noticed that the docs for findCompletedItems have some errors in them, so that might explain some of the limitations you're encountering.

/developers/ebay/forums/ebay-apis-search/looking-viewitemurl-after-findcompleteditems

My own quick testing: Confirmed that picture URLs aren't available. I tried output selectors "PictureURLLarge" and "PictureURLSuperSize" without luck. A regular gallery and gallery+ URLs, however, do seem to be available without any output selectors used. Maybe you can make do with that, or make a supplementary call to GetSingleItem or GetMultipleItems (Shopping API) to retrieve image URLs.

buyItNowAvailable is a node I've noticed in other API calls is only used for auction-style items, when BIN is indeed available as a supplementary purchasing option. It's not used for simple BIN/Fixed-Price items, so that's probably the case for fCI as well.

When checking for BIN/FP items, also check for "StoreInventory" in addition to "FixedPrice". Both are used interchangably these days on eBay.

I couldn't replicate your scenario of an unsold BIN item showing "EndedWithSales". Can you provide the listing# of such an example?

Here are a few BIN items that ended without sales (amongst some others that did sell):

http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findCompletedItems&SERVICE-NAME=FindingService&SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=___________________&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&REST-PAYLOAD&keywords=1887+O+MORGAN+DOLLAR+PCGS+MS+63

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.