question

logpack_enterprises avatar image
0 Likes"
logpack_enterprises asked ·

Price of sold listing from findCompletedItems is different than the one displayed on eBay site

I've noticed that with some listings, the currentPrice/convertedCurrentPrice in the result from findCompletedItems is different than the price shown on the listing on ebay's web site. For example, the API call tells me the price was $450 but the price on the sold listing web page says $499. Why is this? I was curious if bestOfferEnabled being true means that $499 was the asking price but $450 was the sale price, or vice versa.
findcompleteditems
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
I think you're right and that's exactly what's likely happening with best-offer items and their pricing reflected in the fCI call vs. the eBay website. **This is a feature, not a bug** (and I hope eBay leaves the fCI call as-is in this respect). If you can provide an exact example (an item ID#) then folks here can give more detailed feedback and advice.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.