question

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 asked ·

findItemsAdvanced: Odd Reproducible/Repeatable Error

Ok, so take the following API call, drop in your AppID, append a keyword phrase to the end of the URL/request, then drop it all into your browser to see results. http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&SERVICE-NAME=FindingService&SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=________&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&REST-PAYLOAD&outputSelector=PictureURLLarge&keywords=__________ I betcha you get a normal response for any keyword phrase. Now, try any of these keyword phrases instead (%20 is of course a URL-encoded space), and maybe reload your browser page a few times: **newegg** **samsonite%20black%20label** **3D%20puzzle** **viscosity%20tester** For me, I **always** get errorId=1 (Internal Application Error) as the response when using those keywords. Very odd. (As many of us know, the error being returned refers to some kind of eBay back-end issue.) As an aside, removing the outputSelector seems to prevent/workaround the problem. Can anyone corroborate my experience above? Thanks.
errorfinditemsadvancedbug
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
Same here. It works OK with other outputSelectors. Seems to be just the PictureURLLarge and PictureURLSuperSize
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.