question

baytest avatar image
0 Likes"
baytest asked

500 Internal Server Error

Since this morning, I get the following 500 Internal Server Error when trying to fetch an Access Token for the Rest Api: { "error": "server_error", "error_description": "server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request" } I changed nothing in my code and it worked until yesterday evening. What's happening? Anyone else experiencing this?
sandboxtokensell apirest api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
baytest avatar image
0 Likes"
baytest answered
After a frustrating day of searching the error, I finally found it: It was in the Base64-encoded-oauth-credentials (the one made of "fakeclientid123:fakeclientsecret123")! C#'s method to encode to Base64 (*Base64UrlEncoder.Encode(stringToEncode)*) does not add the padding character at the end of the Base64 string, so an equal sign was missing at the end of my string. What's strange that I used this method all the time and the ebay server never complained - till yesterday. So if I'm not missing something it seems like ebay changed the process of verifying the Base64 string. Hope this helps anybody!
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.