question

dhivybharath9 avatar image
0 Likes"
dhivybharath9 asked

FindCompletedItems gives inconsistent data

Hello, Hope someone will help me out I am using eBay FindCompletedItems call to get sold listings of a particular category every day. I am using service version 1.13. But the results are inconsistent. When i fetch data for a particular day, totalEntries variable gives different numbers. Eg: I search for a particular category for 3/5/18, first totalEntries was 5800, second time it was 6300,the next time 7033 and so on. I dont know what is wrong with the API.
finding apifindcompleteditems
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Can you be more specific? Do you mean when immediately reloading the call, you get different total counts? If that's the case, I remember the fCI call had that problem for a while, but I reported it via a ticket about a year ago and they fixed it. Maybe it's happening again? If you can be more specific, including a code sample (without API credentials) so we can all try it in our browsers and see it for ourselves, that would be very helpful.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pjr0506 avatar image
0 Likes"
pjr0506 answered
I'm getting the same thing today. My code hasn't changed and was working properly previously. Let's say the first call return 50 pages. So you then call for page 2, only now it's saying there's more/less pages. With each call for the next page, the result is giving a different amount of results. It's seems to be returning a lot of duplicated data as well. I had anywhere between 58 and 65 pages for my call today, very strange. I'm already checking and filtering out duplicates, but I've never noticed this page/number of results inconsistency before.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.