question

daniescanla-9 avatar image
1 Like"
daniescanla-9 asked ·

Credential Setup for Third Party Developer

Background: I am attempting to build a Webservice to call and get orders from ebay and eventually update the orders. This will be run on a webserver and not a desktop but I don't that should matter. It will interact with multiple sellers. It is a clearing house basically. I noticed in some of that did not use the sdk apicontext the AppId, AuthCert, And dev id were passed in the call. But when I use the sdk it does not use any of that. It just uses the eBayAuth token. My amazon integration needs 4 pieces of information for me to get access to my clients store. My login info and my clients name and access token they supply me. 1. How does the system know what "store" I am accessing? 2. Does the eBayAuth token give me all the information I need to access someone elses store? 3. Should I be using a different access method other than the SDK? Maybe the web service WSDL? Thank your for your insight.
trading api.net sdksdk-api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
sree_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sree_developersupport answered ·
Hi @daniescanla-9, 1) How does the system know what "store" I am accessing? You can either use certid, appid and devid or Auth Token when calling the getorders. 2) Does the eBayAuth token give me all the information I need to access someone elses store? No. We do not. Please refer to the API Documentation at developer.ebay.com and on specific calls for restricted access. 3) Should I be using a different access method other than the SDK? Maybe the web service WSDL? You can use the SDK. We have exposed all the methods for you. SDK internally uses WSDL to expose these methods. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.