question

michab2003 avatar image
0 Likes"
michab2003 asked

Inventory api: why?

Hi, I read the overview of the inventory api and the calls, but I am confused: - why does this api exists? - what benefits do I have next to the trading api? - do I still need the trading api if I switch to the inventory api? Sorry, but I didn't get it :-/ Thanks, Micha
trading apiinventory api
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

cargolargo avatar image
0 Likes"
cargolargo answered
The key difference is that Inventory API is REST and the Trading API is SOAP There are some things the Trading API does that the Inventory API does not and vice versa The documentation lists some of the Restrictions of the Inventory API here : https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/inventory/static/overview.html KEY DIFFERENCES IN DOCUMENTATION LISTED BELOW The Inventory API is supported on all eBay marketplaces that have API support. However, with the initial release, the Inventory API does have the following restrictions: Only Good 'Til Cancelled (GTC), fixed-priced listings are supported; no auction listings and no listing durations of varying days Traditional 'ship-to-home', Click and Collect (supported in UK, Australia and Germany), and In-Store Pickup (US only) inventory supported Below are the eBay listing features that can be set up through the Add listing calls of the Trading API, but cannot be set up through the Inventory API. However, note that these listing features will persist on traditional eBay listings that are migrated to the Inventory model: Best Offers Listing-level Buyer Requirements (account-level Buyer Requirements are still valid for Inventory model listings) Charity donations from sale proceeds Use of Listing Designer templates Listing enhancements like bold listing title or Gallery Plus Listing in two categories (secondary category)
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michab2003 avatar image
1 Like"
michab2003 answered
Dear @cargolargo, Everything you pasted I already know, but this does not answer my main question: why does this api exists? Just because it's REST instead of SOAP? Is it really that simple? Thanks
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.