question

ozziegt avatar image
0 Likes"
ozziegt asked

finding API vs browse API

I noticed that the new beta Browse APIs have a search functionality. Is this meant to replace the finding API? How would someone decide whether they should use the Finding API or the Buy API for searching?
browse apimtf-c-finding-api-search
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
I think in the long-term, the Buy/Browse APIs will develop many more features and be meant to supplant the current Finding API. In the meantime, the Finding API seems to have more search functionality and options. eBay has stated, however, that they do plan to continue supporting the Finding API indefinitely (yay!!), even after the Buy APIs are fully fleshed out. If you're learning the eBay APIs brand new right now and the Buy/Browse APIs perform the searches you want to do, then I'd recommend going with that.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.