question

andreas13241324 avatar image
0 Likes"
andreas13241324 asked

NEWBIE QUESTION: HTML content in listing

Hi all,

please foregive a super newbie question - I really just started wrapping my head around this :).

I'd like my listings to have a HTML-formatted description. Such as http://www.ebay.de/itm/Snowboardhose-Skihose-Gr-L-NEU-schwarz-Hose-Therm... for example.

Where do I put the HTML-code in the addItem-function?! Within item.Description?!

Sorry if this appears obvious to you ;).

Thanks,

Andreas

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

paulfsmith avatar image
0 Likes"
paulfsmith answered

Hi Andreas,

Yes, you're right... you put it in the Item Description.

Ebay doesn't have any kind of templating facility for item pages, so you generate an almost complete page of HTML (minus the HEAD section and BODY tag) and put this in to the item description. You will need to find somewhere to store your images off site. i.e. you don't upload your header images to Ebay. You can host them on your web site or on a content delivery network.

Best Regards

Paul Smith

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

paulfsmith avatar image
0 Likes"
paulfsmith answered
____

andreas13241324 avatar image
0 Likes"
andreas13241324 answered

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.