question

arohol0 avatar image
0 Likes"
arohol0 asked

Building a web app that will search eBay

Hello, I am a new developer learning Python with the hope of building my own web app which will integrate with the eBay API and search for items. I am in the stage of learning how to use the eBay API. Is it safe for me to generate a keyset with a fake application name, as I currently don't have an application OR a website. I am just learning to use the eBay API. Thank you
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
eBay knows that new developers will want to use the API, and new devs may not have any website property of app framework yet. You should be fine using a fake name, but I'd recommend using something better than that. When the time comes to develop your app further and perhaps apply to eBay for higher calling limits, it may not be possible to change your AppID or application name, and any personal info entered initially may stick in your account. So, think ahead and perhaps just use your real name or your eBay account handle or something like that.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.