question

gerbenvanderschaaf avatar image
0 Likes"
gerbenvanderschaaf asked ·

Lineitem currency allways USD

I'm using the fulfillment API and when I make a GetOrders call it returns all rows currectly, but the lineItems.total.currency is allways USD. According to the documentation it should be de user's default currency which should be EUR, but the API allways returns in USD. Any idea on how to change this currency to default EUR ? Example of an order : ["orderId"]=> string(42) "322989177152-1865276974011!270000126000637" ["creationDate"]=> string(24) "2018-02-04T11:48:05.000Z" ["pricingSummary"]=> object(stdClass)#4 (3) { ["priceSubtotal"]=> object(stdClass)#5 (4) { ["value"]=> string(5) "68.34" ["currency"]=> string(3) "USD" ["convertedFromValue"]=> string(5) "54.95" ["convertedFromCurrency"]=> string(3) "EUR"
lineitem default currency usd eur
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi, When i check this Order: 322989177152-1865276974011!270000126000637, the site on which the Transaction happened is US and hence it is showing USD You can check other orders and see if the Transaction Site is not US, it should show the currency of the site on which the Transaction took place. If this is not the case, can you please file a support ticket with us at https://developer.ebay.com/my/support/tickets providing the complete request and response with the response headers and we will be happy to help you. Cheers!!!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nano4eco17 avatar image
0 Likes"
nano4eco17 answered ·
I have the same problem. No headers except for the oauth token, request to https://api.ebay.com/sell/fulfillment/v1/order, no params. User's site is Germany, all transactions are made in EUR, and every order has "listingMarketplaceId" set to "EBAY_DE". Still, all prices are converted from EUR to USD (so there are always convertedFrom fields with EUR values and actual currency/value fields always refer to USD). Same when using API explorer, does not matter which site/country I choose. All users (both dev account and the logged in user account) have Germany set as their country. Part of the output (shows converted prices and DE as listing's site): "orderId": "192444645713-1498772241009!170000153228092", "pricingSummary": { "priceSubtotal": { "value": "12.14", "currency": "USD", "convertedFromValue": "9.9", "convertedFromCurrency": "EUR" }, }, "paymentSummary": { "totalDueSeller": { "value": "15.69", "currency": "USD", "convertedFromValue": "12.8", "convertedFromCurrency": "EUR" }, }, "lineItems": [ { "lineItemCost": { "value": "12.14", "currency": "USD", "convertedFromValue": "9.9", "convertedFromCurrency": "EUR" }, "listingMarketplaceId": "EBAY_DE", "purchaseMarketplaceId": "EBAY_DE", "total": { "value": "15.69", "currency": "USD", "convertedFromValue": "12.8", "convertedFromCurrency": "EUR" }, } ]

gerbenvanderschaaf avatar image
0 Likes"
gerbenvanderschaaf answered ·
Hi @shulmani_developer.support , But on ALL orders the currency is USD , convertedFromCurrency is mostly EUR sometimes GBP, but currency is ALWAYS in USD. Most of the product are sold in Germany and the UK. I doubt 100% of all customer transactions are from the US website. According to the documentation, currency should be the preferred currency of the logged in user.("The currency of the authenticated user's country"), in that case it should allways be the same currency and not depending on the Transaction Site. grtz Gerben

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.