question

chris792 avatar image
0 Likes"
chris792 asked ·

Getting 400 Bad Request Error When Trying to Update Inventroy by SKU

HI All, Ok so I'm trying to update an item using the sandbox API. I have the product adding to the API fine using SOAP. When I try to update that product using it's SKU which I defined as the inventory tracking method I keep getting a 400 bad request error. This is the LInk where I'm trying to get the call working > https://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/build-test/test-tool/default.aspx?index=0≈i=inventory&call=bulk_update_price_quantity__POST&variation=json Here is my JSON code: {"requests": [{"shipToLocationAvailability": {"quantity":4},"sku": "125723"}]} This is what I'm using to track inventory in my SOAP API request: item.InventoryTrackingMethod = InventoryTrackingMethodCodeType.SKU; This is the response body of the API Call: { "responses": [ { "statusCode": 400, "sku": "125723", "errors": [ { "errorId": 25604, "domain": "API_INVENTORY", "subdomain": "Selling", "category": "REQUEST", "message": "Input error. SKU not found. Please enter a valid sku.." } ] } ] } Does anyone know why I keep getting this error. Cheers
soapjsonsku not found
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi, If you have used Trading API or eBay UI to create the item and have set the Tracking method to SKU, you still cannot use the inventory API to update the quantity of the SKU. You first need to migrate the listing to Inventory system using the bulkMigrateListing APi Call : https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/inventory/resources/listing/methods/bulkMigrateListing. Once the SKU is part of the Inventory Services, you can use the Inventory Services API to update the SKU. Hope this helps. Cheers!!!
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.