question

dmitrmingazo0 avatar image
0 Likes"
dmitrmingazo0 asked ·

Is there a way to send messages to buyers after their payment?,Is there a way to send a message to buyer after he bought something?

I'm trying to setup a script which sends automatically a message to people who buy something in my friend's ebay store. I looked for something in ebay API references, but I found only calls restricted to return or something like this. I'm newbie here, so maybe it's extremely obviously how to do it, but I'll appreciate any kind of help :)
post order apimessagesselleridbuyers
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

batterypete avatar image
0 Likes"
batterypete answered ·
But when you use AddMemberMessageAAQToPartner it ignores your subject and uses.. '[sellerusername] has sent a question about : [messageType] for item #[item number], ending on [ending date in PDT] - [item name]' Our items don't end, they are for sale as long as we have quantity. What a useless piece of information to put in the subject in our case. What happened to the subject we sent in the API request? We are not sending a question. We are letting them know something about their shipment. We are sending info, an answer. Which API call sends a simple message to our buyer without saying it's a question. Be aware this call also adds your signature at the bottom in a different font.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

yazhou_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
yazhou_developersupport answered ·
Hello dmitrmingazo0, 1.Seller can use [AddMemberMessageAAQToPartner API][1] to send messages to buyer through My eBay. Please be aware that buyer and seller must be in an order relationship. 2.Seller can subscribe AuctionCheckoutComplete/FixedPriceTransaction notification events to receive notification from eBay when items has been paid. For more detail, please check [Platform Notifications][2]. Best Regards [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/AddMemberMessageAAQToPartner.html [2]: https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/guides/ebayfeatures/Notifications/Notifications.html

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.