question

kentmbox42 avatar image
0 Likes"
kentmbox42 asked

How do I get more than three results in my JSON response?

I am only getting three results in my response. I have tried a couple things with no success. I found stuff in the docs about maximum results but how do I increase the minimum? I would like to receive 10 results. Below is a sample URL that I am using. http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?&callname=FindItems&appid=KennethP-GetItOrS-PRD-3134e8f72-9cf8d2de&responseencoding=JSON&QueryKeywords=chair&ItemCount=10&version=1015 I am new to the api and have tried a few things. ItemCount=10 paginationInput.entriesperpage=10 and a few others. I found stuff in the docs about maximum number of results but how do I increase the minimum number of results I get? I appreciate your help.
searchfindingapi
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

xiang.developersupport avatar image
1 Like"
xiang.developersupport answered
Hi @kentmbox42, It's strange that the Shopping API FindItems returns only 3 items. Not sure whether this API retired or not, can you please provide the document of "FindItems" you were refering to? Meanwhile, I would like to recommend you to try to use the Finding APIs. https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/finding/CallRef/index.html

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered
Yes, FindItems in the shopping API was deprecated about 9 years ago. I'm surprised it works at all at this point. Definitely switch over to use the Finding API instead, as Xiang suggested.

kentmbox42 avatar image
0 Likes"
kentmbox42 answered
Hello @helios825 and @xiang.developersupport , This is where I found the docs: http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/shopping/docs/concepts/shoppingapi_formatoverview.html I am using this for a simple school project that I am presenting on Saturday. Can you please leave whatever it is that allows this to work up for a week or two longer? The three results is ok for what I am doing. I am pretty new to coding and only know basic Javascript and HTML. I just want to send a quick ajax call and get a few results in a JSON response to display on a page. I am not trying to monetize or anything at this point. Once I learn some php or xml I will switch over to the newer findingAPI. Thank you for your help.

xiang.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
xiang.developersupport answered
Hi @kentmbox42 FindItems has been deprecated for many years. Please don't use it any more. Best Regards,

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.