question

wlocde3 avatar image
3 Likes"
wlocde3 asked ·

How to bypass the api call limit of findCompletedItems?

Currenty I'm working on an app which is using the Finding API(findCompletedItems). The api call limit is set to 5000 calls a day. I can imagine that with a certain amount of app users the call limit is reached quickly. So, is there a way to bypass the call limit? Maybe with a related API call of another API that is based on an auth token instead of the app id. Best regards
tokenfindcompleteditemsappapp idapi call limit
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

priceinjector avatar image
1 Like"
priceinjector answered ·
No, these calls are not the same. Also findCompletedItems is limited to 5K at most. findItemsByKeywords can be 1.5M calls when passed application compatibility

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hogiegames avatar image
1 Like"
hogiegames answered ·
I initiated an application check in mid December when I realized I was exceeding my fCI limit and during the check I was sent the exact message that others have received above. My api access was removed completely for all calls while they investigate the matter. It has now been a month and a half since that time and I have received nothing from ebay about the current state of the review outside of the generic "Your application review is still underway. Thank you for your understanding and patience".

fastaccord avatar image
1 Like"
fastaccord answered ·
Hi @xiang.developersupport, I received this email from eBay: > Dear Developer, > > It has come to our attention that > throughout the year your application > has been making findCompletedItems > calls at a rate that far exceeds the > published rate limit of 5,000 > calls/day. The use of > findCompletedItems calls at the volume > exhibited by your application violates > the eBay API License Agreement. > Therefore, we have deactivated your > access to findCompletedItems to block > further use, and we are continuing to > investigate this matter. Please note > that we reserve the right to block > excessive use, including application > account deactivation. > > If you wish to discuss this matter, > please file a Compatible Application > Check ticket. > > Regards, > > eBay Developer Relations My applications have been approved for the 1.5 million limit, how should I make sure that this noted and taken care of on my account? Thanks!
· 3 · Share

i also reviceived this mail :) i can use Finding API with limit 1,5mil/day but findCompletedItems limit 5k/day :(
0 Likes 0 · ·
Were you just sent this?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Yesterday (2/1/2018).
1 Like 1 · ·
cooltronix avatar image
0 Likes"
cooltronix answered ·
doesn't `findItemsByKeywords` and `findCompletedItems` belong to the finding API with a limit of 5000 calls? Is `findItemsByKeywords`handled differently from `findCompletedItems` API calls? Or asked differently, people also get in trouble just with `findItemsByKeywords` ?

priceinjector avatar image
0 Likes"
priceinjector answered ·
FindCompletedItems returns "Service call has exceeded the number of times the operation is allowed to be called". What should I do? I know that there is a 5000 limit for this call, but why doesn't it reset the next day? It is already blocked for 2 days... Probably eBay had blocked the call. How can I re-enable the blocked call? Do I need a 75$ ticket for this? Thank you

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
There was a thread recently where an eBay Dev support rep said it's seldom that they raise the limit for developers. As such, it sounds like the bar is pretty high for getting approved beyond 5K/day. I would imagine you'd need to really demonstrate a strong business need for it, along with demonstrating that you guard you app against abuse that would impact your fCI calling volume. I recommend you don't just file an app check simply requesting higher limits for fCI. Really plan ahead and build your case.

wlocde3 avatar image
0 Likes"
wlocde3 answered ·
@xiang.developersupport Is there a real chance to get a higher API call limit than 5000/day for findCompletedItems when completing the compatible application check? Has there been such a case in past, that any1 got a higher limit granted? Best regards

xiang.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
xiang.developersupport answered ·
Hi all, According to the document of [findCompletedItems][1]: There is a 5,000 limit on the number of findCompletedItems calls an application can make in a single day (even if the application has completed an app check). We do have deactivated some applications' access to findCompletedItems because these applications have been making findCompletedItems calls at a rate that far exceeds the published rate limit of 5,000 calls/day. We are continuing to investigate this matter. If you wish to discuss this matter, please file a Compatible Application Check ticket. [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/finding/CallRef/findCompletedItems.html

wlocde3 avatar image
0 Likes"
wlocde3 answered ·
How does bidvoy.net bypass the limit? Is there a workaround? Another API with historical eBay data?

ltua63 avatar image
0 Likes"
ltua63 answered ·
@xiang.developersupport could you check this question?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.