question

lwhlwh avatar image
0 Likes"
lwhlwh asked ·

In android. How do you open an ebay app with an intent that would accept the affiliate and item information?

My app can open the ebay app with an intent but how do I pass the affiliate and the item argument to it so that when the ebay app will open the correct item. I have the uri that, when pass to a web ui, will allow this web ui to launch the ebay app with the correct item but I want to "by pass" the web ui. This is so that a back button hit will go back to my app instead of the web ui. // Below are my code to open the ebay app or the web ui if ebay app is not installed on the mobile device. PackageManager pm = getPackageManager(); Intent i; i = pm.getLaunchIntentForPackage("com.ebay.mobile"); if (i == null) { //If get to here, it means an web UI will open this item on the ebay site //And the web ui will launch the ebay app if exist on the phone. i = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW); } i.setData(Uri.parse(recyclerViewAdapter.getItem(position).getLink())); startActivity(i);
androidebay appintent
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·

I don't have an answer, but considering asking over at the eBay Partner Network (ePN) forum.
eBay Partner Network (ePN) forum

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sk8r4twoo avatar image
0 Likes"
sk8r4twoo answered ·

It seems like there is no resource for any of these kinds of information, which is super concerning. I see this question asked everywhere, and no one has given a good response. I eventually just gave up and just create a request to the web browser, which then usually will open up the app. However, even that is failing now. I can take a generated Rover link, copy and paste it into chrome, and it just doesn't work anymore. Same URL pasted into a desktop browser or iOS browser works no problem.

I am not confident I will get any help either.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.