question

alwa66 avatar image
0 Likes"
alwa66 asked

"Refund option is not valide or applicable for this return"

Hello, I was trying to issue a refund and ran into an error. Context: The last thing I did with this return was mark it as received. I received an email asking me to issue refund. The price of the item was £1 and it was a collection, so no shipping charge. The buyer paid by card via PayPal, no account was made. I also tried PURCHASE_PRICE for the type. I'm doing this in .NET and can provide the code if it'll help. Here is what I tried: "/post-order/v2/return/{returnId}/issue_refund" { "comments":{ "content":"Issued Refund." }, "refundDetail":{ "itemizedRefundDetail":[ { "refundAmount":{ "value":1.0, "currency":"GBP" }, "refundFeeType":"REFUND_FROM_PAYPAL" } ], "totalAmount":{ "value":1.0, "currency":"GBP" } } } The response: { "error": [ { "errorId": 1603, "domain": "returnErrorDomain", "severity": "ERROR", "category": "REQUEST", "message": "Refund option is not valide or applicable for this return", "parameter": [ { "value": "Refund option: other is not applicable", "name": "message" } ], "longMessage": "Refund option is not valide or applicable for this return", "httpStatusCode": 400 } ] }
return
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

catherine_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
catherine_developersupport answered
@alwa66, What is the item ID for this refund

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

alwa66 avatar image
0 Likes"
alwa66 answered
@catherine_developersupport 222782384373 The First return expired here is a new one with the exact same issue.

0 Likes"
@alwa66 The item does not accept return: ReturnsNotAccepted Returns Not Accepted

alwa66 avatar image
0 Likes"
alwa66 answered
@catherine_developersupport 222830140312 this one has the same issue, the item does accept returns and it was within the 14 day period

0 Likes"
@alwa66 I would need to look at the specific request / response with return ID as well as headers. Since this is a public forum it's best if you can file a ticket with us. Please give us the developer account user ID if you are unable to do so. Thanks

alwa66 avatar image
0 Likes"
alwa66 answered
@catherine_developersupport Developer account user ID: Esperus1 Item ID: 222913263445 Return ID: 5081187142 Request: /post-order/v2/return/5081187142/issue_refund { "comments":{ "content":"Issued Refund." }, "refundDetail":{ "itemizedRefundDetail":[ { "refundAmount":{ "value":1.0, "currency":"GBP" }, "refundFeeType":"REFUND_FROM_PAYPAL" } ], "totalAmount":{ "value":1.0, "currency":"GBP" } } } Request Headers: Accept: application/json Authorization: TOKEN {redacted working token used in other successful requests like "Mark as receieved"} X-EBAY-C-MARKETPLACE-ID: EBAY_UK Response: { "error":[ { "errorId":1603, "domain":"returnErrorDomain", "severity":"ERROR", "category":"REQUEST", "message":"Refund option is not valide or applicable for this return", "parameter":[ { "value":"Refund option: other is not applicable", "name":"message" } ], "longMessage":"Refund option is not valide or applicable for this return", "httpStatusCode":400 } ] } Response headers: nnCoection: close RlogId: t6q%60rrqkuq%60%3F%3Cwk%7Dtbwptipse*20074%3C%3F%29pqtfwpu%29sm%7E%29fgg%7E-fij-162aedfc060-0x1e6 Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 09:25:21 GMT Set-Cookie: ebay=%5Esbf%3D%23%5E;Domain=. ebay.com;Path=/ X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff X-EBAY-C-REQUEST-ID: ri=XDjnwBFSF3HL,rci=XHIYy1TFYS%2FOpzpJ X-EBAY-C-VERSION: 1.0.0 X-EBAY-REQUEST-ID: 162aedfc05a.ab199d1.6c5b8.fcac8e43![PESClient[]] X-EBAY-SVC-TRACKING-DATA: ul=en-US&nqc=AA**&bs=0&nqt=AA**&!_epec=7,6&uc=1 X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block Connection: keep-alive

alwa66 avatar image
0 Likes"
alwa66 answered
@catherine_developersupport Hi Catherine, any update?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.