question

eurekabookshop avatar image
0 Likes"
eurekabookshop asked

Can I re-use an eBay Picture Services image?

We are considering using eBay Picture Services (UploadSiteHostedPictures call in the Trading API) and have the following question based on these docs: http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/uploadsitehostedpictures.html If we upload an image and use it in a listing (Fixed Price, if that matters), the docs say that the image will be stored for 90 days after the listing ends. During the 90 days after a listing ends, can we create a NEW listing (not relist) using the EPS image and will that restart the clock for picture storage? In other words, will eBay keep the image stored as long as we put it in a live listing before the 90 day storage period runs out?
uploadsitehostedpictureseps
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eurekabookshop avatar image
0 Likes"
eurekabookshop answered
This seems to answer the question https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=989 although it's more than 10 years old and, for example, the expiration time period is now longer.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

swappart avatar image
0 Likes"
swappart answered
Yes. As long as there's an active listing using the image, it will continue to be stored. I just did this earlier this month with about 350 listings I'd ended back in October. I have a database on my server which contains all the data from my listings and just made an AddItem script which created new listings with the data from the ended ones. All the site hosted images were and are still good.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.